I'm not quite sure what do to with this, but here I go.
I joined DA about 10 years ago, almost 11 now, as a place to post my crappy recolors in order to better explain my Sailor Moon characters. As time went on, I learned how to better my art: first through blank edits and eventually more hand-drawn stuff. I still love editing blanks and bases, as they feel like a fun collaboration between me and the blanker/base maker.
I actually joined about two months before me and Michael started dating and he always encourages me to do art, even simple things, just because it makes me feel good.
Now, in 2005, I moved to Virginia with my parents for college (my father was already up there for work). At first I did well in college, but quickly became depressed (though I didn't realize it at the time and wouldn't be medicated for it until 2007). My art, DA and my friends were the only things keeping me sane during that time, though my mother never understood why I "wasted my time" doing artwork. Since then, though, she has gotten better about it, especially once my skills on Paintshop Pro increased.
I made a lot of friends through artwork, on DA, the Tower of Time Forums and Gaiaonline RP groups. I want to list a couple of them with a message. I cannot list everyone, as I have a lot of them.ladybat
- My dear friend and occasional evil voice in my head, you helped me a lot back in VA to get through some difficult times. <3YuniNaoki
- One of my first real DA friends, I love ya girl!Kaiori
- Though I don't think she gets on anymore, K-chan has been my RL friend since I was in 7th grade and I miss her since she moved to California to pursue her dream.CrazyMarine
- A dear friend who passed away, he is constantly in my thoughts... I miss you David...AngelNaokoSnow
- My "twin sister", my first RL friend, my dearest companion, DC, you are awesome.AkiAmeko
- The one who got me into the Sailor Moon RP guild back on GaiaOnline, without her, I never would have met Silver, Jusu and Natalie.Aihara-Awayuki
- My fellow Maiden, who I started watching for her Sailor Moon art, always wanting to say hi but always being afraid to. To this day, I still don't remember HOW we finally met, but I'm glad we did.Ms-Who
- My dear Natalie, even after the Sailor Moon Gaia Guild stopped running, you continued to RP with me and Jusu and through those, you became dear to me.Nijikaze-KrisP sakkysa merelei leichan gothicpysi Lim-Kik andimccloud deathlotus bekuki Pookah-sama Itsu-de-Mo
and everyone else of the ToT forums - Thank you for not only letting me into the forums but welcoming me with open arms. It is because of you guys that I kept working on my Sailor Moon art and made such great friends in the process.
journal skin by sihi-chan